Monday 17 September 2018

Lottie & Albert X Hobbycraft Christmas Collection

Free patterns for my crochet stocking, giant baubles, paper garland and pompom wreath

I'm super excited to announce something I've been keeping under wraps for a while... I've designed an exclusive collection for Hobbycraft and, what's even better - all the projects are free on the Knitcraft blog! See below for links!

I'd love to know what you think, or to see if you make any - please do tag me as @lottieandalbert or use the hashtag #lottieandalbert and #shareyourknitcraft


The collection includes two crochet project: a waistcoat stitch stocking and giant crochet baubles, plus a quick yarn pompom wreath and a paper garland. I loved making this collection, particularly as I got to play with paper and other crafts! I think the crochet baubles have to be my favourite though - particularly with their secret filling - can you guess what it is?





Giant Crochet Baubles


Worked in the round, amigurumi style, the baubles use a super chunky yarn and so make up very quickly. You can either fill them with stuffing and use as cushions, OR, use inflatable 50cm beach balls like I did! That way, you can let them down for storage every year!

You will need:

(click for links)


For the pattern, please click here



Crochet Stocking


Worked in the round, with a separate heel and cuff, the stocking uses waistcoat stitch for a knit-look and simple colour work to add the V's. The pattern includes full photo tutorials if you have never tried this stitch before. I also love the pom pom trim, which you make separately and then attach on. The stocking is made with Knitcraft In the Zone which is an Aran weight padded yarn in such fun colours.

You will need:

(click for links)

For the pattern, please click here


Giant Paper Garland



The paper garland uses such simple materials - but a combination of oversized leaves and bright card and tissue paper make everything about it pop! This is a great project to make with little ones too. I attached all my pieces to a wire garland with little bells on, but you could just as easily use a wreath or a faux swag, or simple ribbon, to attach the different elements to.

You will need:

For the tutorial, please click here



Pompom wreath 


For the pompom wreath I was really keen to mix different pompom techniques (striped, speckled, solid) and different yarn weights and textures, to create a really fun make. I used one set of pompom makers and mixed up the sizes! But what really makes this wreath is the faux foliage - the ferns and succulents from Hobbycraft all come with wire inside making them really easy to attach, plus they look super real! I used a large embroidery hoop and the tutorial will take you through the different stages and pompom techniques, all with pictures.

You will need:


I hope you enjoy the collection and that you make something from it - as I said, please do let me know if you do, I get such a buzz from seeing things people have made with my patterns!

Lindsey x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I was looking at these fabulous crochet projects and wondering if they are American directions or British? I am Canadian and we most often use the American.

    ReplyDelete

© Lottie & Albert. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig